Daniel A. Seigel is the President of Law Offices of Daniel A. Seigel, P.A., a law firm devoted exclusively to contested probate, trust, and guardianship disputes.
Mr. Seigel was born and raised outside of New Haven, Connecticut. He graduated magna cum laude (B.A., Political Science) from The George Washington University and earned his law degree from Boston University School of Law.
Mr. Seigel spent the first eight years of his legal career working at several prestigious Florida law firms, where he gained broad experience in handling complex commercial and probate litigation matters.
Since founding the Law Offices of Daniel A. Seigel, P.A. in February 2012, Mr. Seigel has enjoyed numerous successes and victories, including:
- Obtained the removal of an estate's personal representative after demonstrating breach of fiduciary duty, and subsequently achieved favorable settlement on behalf of the successor personal representative.
- Defended court-removed personal representative in surcharge action by court-appointed curator (in matter involving alleged misappropriation of estate assets).
- Represented plaintiff in lawsuit seeking to invalidate estate planning documents as a result of testator's lack of capacity and undue influence, resulting in favorable settlement for client
- Obtained appointment of client as plenary guardian over her mother, in disputed guardianship proceeding against client's sibling.
- Represented plaintiff in litigation to invalidate trust, involving claim of intentional interference with inheritance expectation and undue influence, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Successfully represented trust beneficiary in litigation relating to trustee's alleged failure to distribute trust funds and provide accountings.
- Successfully defended personal representative in lawsuit filed by disinherited individual, who alleged that will was invalid (petitioner eventually filed voluntary dismissal).
While Mr. Seigel places a premium on obtaining outstanding results in every case, he is equally committed to providing a "concierge" level of service, accessibility, and value for every client.
Mr. Seigel was honored as a Super Lawyer in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine in 2014.
Boston University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, May 2003
The George Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Political Science, May 2000
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Probate and Trust Litigation Committee, and Lost Will Subcommittee, for the Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law section
- Broward Estate Planning Counsel (member)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association South County Section (member)